Thursday 27 March 2014

Hello World!

It seems appropriate that the first entry should be a simple introduction; A summary of where I am right now. As of the time of this writing I, Brandon Surmanski, am a 4th year Computer Engineering (CEG) student at the University of Ottawa, and I am a serial programmer.

The word serial in the context of computers usually refers to low-level networking stuff, or marshalling objects into a flat representation. I am not that kind of programmer. I am the kind that always has some side project on my mind and can't stop myself from jamming at the keyboard until something runs. Sometimes it is nothing more than a prototype and I get bored and move onto the next project, and sometimes I end up with something cool. Either way, this blog is intended to log the progress of my meandering conscious. From the point of view of this blog, abandoning projects will result in new insight of whatever has caught my attention.

Soon to come:
1) I will throw down a post or two summarizing my experience with the 2014 'CS Games' computer science competition, which I attended this previous weekend.
2) I will ramble about the development of a compiler I am working on.
3) I may even reminisce on old projects lost in limbo from distraction.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment